2021 Best of the Net Nominations
October 5, 2021
Although we’ve only been on the publication scene for a year, we did not want to miss the opportunity to nominate some amazing pieces by some very talented writers for the 2021 Best of the Net prize.
Best of the Net is an annual contest by Sundress Publications designed to grant a platform to a diverse and growing collection of writers and publishers who are building an online literary landscape. More about the contest can be found here.
This year editors of online journals were allowed to nominate two fiction stories, two creative nonfiction essays, and up to six poems. Pieces published between July 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021 were eligible which for us meant work from our first three issues. We’re thrilled to announce the following nominations:
- Extra Large for the Lord | By Tomas Baiza (Issue #1)
- What I Lost in September | By Autumn Bettinger (Issue #3)
- Creative Nonfiction
- Read Her Lips | By Bryan Starchman (Issue # 3)
- Cohesion Forces in an Avalanche | By Kathryn Stam (Issue #1)
- Waiting to Pee, I Invent My Future | By Emma Bernstein (Issue #3)
- Twi Phone-ology | By Andrew Geoffrey Kwabena Moss (Issue #3)
- Uprooting a Tree | By Jamie Wendt (Issue #1)
- I Check the Moon | By Caleb Nichols (Issue #2)
- The Man Whose Face Was Stolen | By Clif Mason (Issue #1)
- Linoleum | By Stelios Mormoris (Issue #2)
Congratulations and best of luck snagging that prize!
The Good Life Review Team