2022 Best of the Net Nominations
September 30, 2022
Hello friends. Autumn is in the air and that means it’s “Best of the Net” season again. Yes, we are aware that those other journals have already had their nominations in for WEEKS but, here at The Good Life Review, we are seasoned procrastinators!
For those who don’t know, Best of the Net is an annual contest by Sundress Publications designed to elevate and celebrate a growing collection of writers and publishers who are opening the door to transformation through art. More about the contest can be found here.
This year we were allowed to nominate two fiction stories, two creative nonfiction essays, six poems, and three pieces of art published between July 1, 2021 and June 30, 2022. For us, this includes any work appearing in issue #4, 5, 6, or 7. We’re thrilled to announce the following nominations:
- What the Cherub Saw (Issue #4)
- The Boundary of Fairyland by Heather Ballmer (Issue #5)
- Creative Nonfiction
- Blinding by Ali Bryan (Issue #4)
- Nanami in the Blue Dress by Jessica Mendoza (Issue #6)
- American Diorama by Naomi Ling (Issue #4)
- From the Stem by Daniel J Flosi (Issue #4)
- Summer Elegy II by Todd Robinson (Issue #5)
- Oath of Assimilation by Soo Yeon Chun (Issue #5)
- What They Carried With Them by Ellen June Wright (Issue #6)
- Your Name by Tamara Nasution (Issue #7)
- Within the Oak by Kate (Junehyo) Choi (Issue #5)
- Mariafumaca by Bianca Rivetti (Issue #6)
- Braided Platte by Kim Sosin (Issue #7)
Congratulations to these fine artists and best of luck snagging that prize!
The Good Life Review Team